View Single Post
Old 10-13-21, 05:44 PM   #5
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
I did noticed a decline in overall performance and the stats of the after torpedo room as a whole with him in there after he was "shaken" on the 4th patrol, as he was a watch leader (second row, lead slot) in that compartment. Then the stats went lower when he went manic. When replaced with a TM 3 from forward torpedo room after he went manic, the after torpedo rooms stats increased, noticed a subtle difference in reload time. Forward torpedo performance remained the same, as they had an extra extra rated torpedoman in there anyways.

Next time I plan to write down torpedo reload times etc to compare. Was busy dodging depth charges this time lol.
very interesting.
since i had never experienced the performance difference and, having played SH3 for only a short time, i always attributed Morale as a holdover trait from SH3 that was no longer affecting play in SH4.

like your last sentence, i am usually too busy performing command responsibilities (ordering evasive action, performing personnel changes to repair either the boat or the bodies, counterattacking) to take notice of morale of any one crew.

i will have to give this some thought the next time we are under attack.
i am currently playing DW which, in my experience, operates under a different code-set than the US theater of operations. with that in mind, i would expect there are more SH3 features in effect than US mod sets.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote