View Single Post
Old 10-06-21, 10:20 AM   #7
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Ah yea, the sensor adjustments were key, getting them balanced properly with the dark nights so were not too blind or not hawkeyes as previously were, about two months of dev time for testing, and revising to get it right lol

Absolutely worth it, especially in later war when get the larger convoys, can get inside the screen and attack from inside, it's a real thrill., sneaking in, attacking, then getting back out on the surface.

Yes, moon chart would be great to have now, I remember it was out but never used it at times.
I can't remember exactly, but it seemed someone just used the F command where you get all the game info text and created another page within it or used it entirely for moon phasing charts by just pasting them in.
Basically certain sensors read and adjust the enemies visual response to light/color values set in the env. I actually started out by just hating the env look of night in TMO, way too bright, hated the color and the light values were consistent horizon to horizon instead of focused around the movement of the moon. The goal was to get it where I liked the night env look then play with sensors to adjust visuals, but found the different moonlight settings, light intensity, water reflection, ect., had the same impact on the enemies visuals. In doing it this way I only adjusted the night visuals without impacting all the settings for other weather types and got the night env look I wanted. One thing I hated with TMO at night was being able to see ships long before lookouts and got it to where they would call them out about 500 yards before I saw them. I considered this OK since they were higher up

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote