Old 10-05-21, 01:51 PM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCod View Post
Does this mean that I should install the 2 games initially in a folder other than the default Steam folder series? I already have Steam installed it its default folder, but haven't installed the SH IV games yet.
If you haven't invested in installing games, then I'd strongly recommend reinstalling Steam OUT of the default \Program files locality & reinstall outside of there. I did \Games\Steam itself in a 2nd HD I have installed & did the games library for Steam on the C drive in \Games\Steam\steamapps\common there... thereby, keeping any & all games out of Win's UAC clutches.

I know some do NOT have a 2 HD set up as I do... but, this should also work for a 1 HD set up, as well.

Win's UAC, doesn't like when folders & files in it's domain of either \Program files or \Program files (x86), messed with & using mods is well... is just that, dinking about in folders & files...

Hope this helps...

As for having to install both copies of SH4... Wolves of the Pacific & WotP: Uboat Missions... negative... just only need to install v1.5 only.

As previously stated, am unsure if with Steam that you have to buy both for v1.5 to work... but am thinking (again, not 100% sure on this, but strongly suspect that you don't...) that you should be safe in just grab/buying v1.5 SH4 only. Since both came up in the search, each with their own pricing for access to them. If you have the funds, & want to be on the side of caution, then by all means feel free to grab & buy both... just be sure to install SHIV-WotP:Uboat Missions v1.5, am assuming that you're looking to run with what... FotRS-U... which requires v1.5 to run properly.

M. M.