Old 10-05-21, 11:48 AM   #3
TheCod
Watch

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Questions, answered....

1. Yes. Just have to make sure for which version of SH4 it is for, but... yes they will work. Other thing that needs to be made sure of, is following the directions for adding the mods in, make sure that you don't install either Steam or the game folder or Library as it is called, in either Programs folders in C drive.

Make sure to right click on the SH4.exe & uncheck the write only for it, so that the mods can work with it.

Make sure to use either a 4GB patch to assign the game 4 gigs of RAM access... or locate, download & use Large Address Aware or LAA as some refer to it... I, Myself... recommend LAA, as it is pretty simple to use. 3 step process & done.

Lastly, use of MultiSH4, if you are going to make & use more than 1 copy of SH4 and mod it. This tool, makes a separate game save folder for each modded copy of SH4...

2. Yes, Silent Hunter IV Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat Missions, is v1.5 & most mods now, rely on this version, in order to work.

M. M.
Does this mean that I should install the 2 games initially in a folder other than the default Steam folder series? I already have Steam installed it its default folder, but haven't installed the SH IV games yet.
TheCod is offline   Reply With Quote