View Single Post
Old 10-05-21, 08:22 AM   #20
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany View Post
Do I need the original TMO 2.5 before the newest 2.5 update? I can't get TMO to run. The directions are really convoluted, the names of a couple of the files in the required readme aren't actually the names, I figured that part out, won't start for me gives me an application load error

Hello, it is unfortunate found the directions convoluted, I did attempt to make it easy to understand and first user have had mentioned found it confusing, but I understand. Having said that, I am glad to help you get moving.

No, the TMO update does not require the previous version of TMO, simply download the update and installed into mods folder. All required additional mods are included in the download, please see the folder inside the TMO 2.5 Update download labeled "Required Mods" and there are important optional mods in there as well as README clearly explains.

Your install order in JSGME should be:

TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5_UpdateBH Revised Final
NavMapMakeoverTMOUpdate (Required-Included in download)
NavMapmakeoverTMOupdatePatch (Required-Included in download)
Allied Ship Pack TMO (Required, see Subsim downloads section under ships)
Ships for TMO (Required, see Subsim downloads section under ships)
EAX Sound Simulation without Webster Maneuver TMO by Vickers03
TMO2_Different_smoke_and_splash_effects by Vickers03
IJN_Radar_Fix_2 (Required-Included in download)
Any Optional mods included with TMO and TMOupdate.(See optional mods folders included in the download)*
Others mods of player choice . Of course be wary of conflicts as can break the mod!

Among the optional mods, you should select based on the time period as README explained.

TMONewDepthCharges Type 95 should be enabled between December 1941 and late 1943.

TMO NewDepthCharges Type 2 should be activated late 1943 until end of the war. As the specified above , these are optional mods included with the download and the activation order is shown above.

This has to be done to reflect the different depth charges used by IJN during the war. The extensively revised damage model of player submarines was created to work with these depth charge mods. If you choose not to activate them, you will have the default TMO depth charges which will likely find are very over powered and will not interact with the damage model properly, so choose one of the included depth charge mods based on appropriate time period.

Same with torpedoes as from December 1941-February 1943 want to use the Torpedoes Early TNT, which is included in the download.

The Torpex Torpedoes mod included should be activated when on patrol from February 1943-end of the war. This represents the switch from US torpedoes using TNT explosive in warheads to Torpex, which had more power and thus in the sim, will notice the Torpex torpedoes are more effective.

The Australia Torpedoes (Torpex) should be activated if running an Australia based boat from February 1943 onwards. Everything is the same except the dates the magnetic features are disabled, reflecting history.

Let me know if need any further help. Please refer to the master TMO Update released thread below.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=250635
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote