View Single Post
Old 10-04-21, 11:42 PM   #4
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
I'm gonna try to play some since I'm slowing down for winter. I know when we were playing with this years ago one thing I didn't like was the enemy ship size ratio vs distance. I think I had it about 2000 yards with a vet rating on a dark night where I could turn around and get out, with other factors I could get to about 1500 yards. What I didn't like if I put the cam on the enemy ship to view my sub profile I could easily see my sub, tho the yardage range was close to what subs pulled off without being seen. Seems like someone made a mod to correct the ratio, but forget what it was and my next step was gonna try it and see the impact. Another thing I did was angle down the enemy searchlights a tad, testing it seemed to have some impact and running away with them chasing they'd give up and go into zigs searching. Good run down!

Yes, should definitely get back on patrol, a lot of improvements. Yea I recall you had dark nights tuned up pretty decent one time, shame we lost the mod all However, the adjustments i made in other areas I made to work in conjunction with dark nights, so can do things like get inside a convoy, attack from realistic range, and escape without always getting shot up, but they are by no means blind. Like I explained, a lot of factors.

Well, ratio looks fine now, to me anyways. I play without cams or contacts about 60 percent of time but had them on often in testing for situational awareness, to take notes etc. When I played with cam and went to deck for enemy view, did not see my ship usually. I attack usually 2000-2500 yards, 2300 most common firing range. Now inside the convoy lol sometimes firing from 1000 yards little more or less, depends
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote