View Single Post
Old 05-02-20, 09:17 AM   #14
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
There are other details I cannot figure out in the management screen:

a) The red line that crosses all the compartements shows the active crew for the turn shift, and the others are always inactive, right?
Correct
Quote:
b) Probably my deck gun and AA gun which are damamged and in red are destroyed, because even if I assemble a repair crew and give the command, it's never repaired (while on surface of course, but rough sea will maybe avoid repair?).
if you are referring to your Equipment Status screen, when a piece of equipment is highlighted in red, then, yes, it is damaged. it will remain red while it is damaged. certain deck watch equipment cannot be repaired until you surface. the deck guns and flak guns repair also require that you be on the surface and you must station one or more crew at the gun to facilitate repair...especially serious damage.

Quote:
That brings me to this: immediately on the right of the icon there is a vertical progress red bar; I always thought that the fuller the bar is, the more damage the item has, but it must be the contrary, because my deck + AA gun have an empty progress bar. So empty means destroyed, and much red means slightly damaged?
the vertical bar is another indication of damage. if you hover your mouse over the bar, SH4 will display the percentage of damage. 1 means it is destroyed. if you have a Master Engineer or a Quick-Repair guy, there is a slight chance that you may be able to repair the item, given enough time. more than likely, the repair will take more time than you have remaining in your patrol.

Quote:
c) If you don't assemble a repair crew then nothing is ever repaired? Also after awhile the green bar denoting how good in general the repair crew is will plummet to zero although they are not sleeping. That means I should change all the repair crew?
you can repair damage two ways: using the damage crew and manning the section.
all crew has a fatigue factor. you can see it when you click on the individual crewman. 100 to zero...as a percentage of being ready for duty. 100 is where you want it. time on duty diminishes that number until they automatically stop doing whatever they are doing and go to sleep. sleep will occur without you knowing however if you want to actually see it, switch places of two crew in the same section and you will see little z's appear.
the non-damage-crew departments are divided into three sections, which are fairly representative of life at sea: On-duty, maintenance, and sleeping. i believe that the Maintenance Section is your repair team for the equipment in that section. Their repair efforts can be augmented by the Damage Control section if you enable the Damage Control section. There is an icon for Damage Control under the Crew Management icon. While your various watch section automatically rotate duties (watch, maint, sleep), Damage Control will work til they drop and then sleep. the only indication you will get is that the Damage Control icon will go out.
yes, you can change out crewmen in the DC Team but remember that the crew coming out of DC will be tired and you will get no more productivity from them until they rest.
you can also read more at my Crew Fatigue post in the download section.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloa...o=file&id=5221
good luck and have fun.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote