View Single Post
Old 04-11-20, 10:37 AM   #60
irfanahmed1979
Sailor man

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You cannot disable Win10 Updates, only delay them, and for not very long at that...

Which mod are you wondering about the eye-candy with?

Steam and SH4 do nothing to interfere with normal computer operations. Once you install Steam, you will have a log-in pop-up every time you boot the computer, but that can be disabled in the Steam settings easily enough. One important thing to watch for when installing an older game such as SH4 and Steam, is that Steam will default to installing in "C:\Program Files (x86)" (as documented throughout this portion of the SubSim web site), and as such, the games' "Library" (the Steam term) will be below that, also in the Program Files folder, which presents problems when you attempt to apply mods to the game. If and when you do purchase (whether Steam or another vendor), be sure to install into a folder of your own creation that is outside of any of the Windows "protected" folders, such as the "Program Files" folders, but also any others under the UAC (User Access Control) of Windows.
Thank you for your reply.

I already have steam and my steam games are spread over three different drives and three different Steam Games folders. So I won't install it in C: drive altogether. But the UAC, isn't that going interfere even on a seperate physical drive/SSD too?

About the eye candy part, I really don't know what any of these mods do. So what I wanted to ask was: Is there any mod included in The Berbsters pack that does improve textures or anything related to graphics?
irfanahmed1979 is offline   Reply With Quote