Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiffmorder View Post
Using v1.4

Wikipedia states the range for these subs is 11k miles @ 10 kts. I transit Midway to Japan at 1/3 bell for 8 kts. This barely allows me to get there, patrol for a while (northern Izu Islands SW of Tokyo) and get back to Midway. The game definitely does not reflect the real range of these subs when I know subs of this class routinely refueled at Midway and went on to go as far as the Formosa Straits and East China Sea.
Questions: Is this fixed in 1.5 and/or mods?
Would it benefit me to manually set 10 kts for transits on the chance this is the figure Ubi based fuel usage on?

Thanks.
SH4 v1.5 besides including uboat action (very ratherly limited... in scope ) I think also added in a bit more ships, some more bases... I think. NOT going to swear by that 100%, with the exception of the addition of uboats.

As for the fuel stats/useage ratio's... think v1.5 does do a bit better than v1.4 did... but... not really sure for definite.

Most mods for SH4, now heavily rely on the mod set users, to have their copy of SH4, to be v1.5

There is still available, mods & mod sets aka mega mod sets... that are still out there, so... you have to really... REALLY... watch what version of SH4 that they are "intended for"...

If you're NOT careful, can end up intermixing in a mod intended for v1.5 with others that are for v1.4... & well... the results can range from minor glitches... to downright "crash to desktop" aka CTD, that leaves you scratching your head as you wonder... Ooookayyyyy... just what the heck just happened.????

Been there, done that...

Any way... am sure others will be by, more knowledgeable with more info...

M. M.