Old 04-19-21, 12:20 PM   #11
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesn9 View Post
By finish the US campaign you do mean start fresh with FORTSU, don't you?

When upgrading to a mod, it almost always requires A fresh start, from a pristine SH4 program, and a delete of SH4 save-game files (in your documents folder).

Good luck, and welcome aboard.
Ahoy, mikesn9...

That, depends... is possible, if they are in port, before adding in the FotRS set up.. that they may... just maybe, (slight chance) be able to continue the career they started... I believe.

As I understand it, adding in mods, should be doable to continue a career with... & is when you go & rip a mod out, that a career was based off of, is when the rule of needing to circular file a game save folder, comes into play.

The basis for that is, when you remove the mod, even though it was removed.. the save will still retain info that mod used & not finding it, will oft times crash out to desktop. With adding in a mod, file changes should not effect the save... but, if you yank it out after that point of any saves after adding the mod in.. will then swing to required dumping of the save folder... at least as far as I know of...

Haven't had any CTD's after adding in.. but, until I learned of crap canning the save folder AFTER removing out mods.. had all sorts of times of experiencing CTD's...

Also, it could be they do know about that, but.. if not, is a good point to bring up so they do know about it... provided they are keeping a weather eye on the thread they started.

M. M.