View Single Post
Old 05-10-12, 04:08 AM   #30
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189
Uploads: 0

It's dishonest in the sense that racing has a disproportionately bigger audience and even racing sims like RFactor or Project C.A.R.S. have substantial mainstream appeal. Racing simulation is a not a niche genre like submarine simulation or air combat simulation.

Feel free to be annoyed by my opinion. Here's a better analogy for you:

Ever hear these guys who constantly bitch about how bad/retarded politics are and they have all the right answers etc, but they never ever get off their couch and get involved in politics? Everybody knows someone like that. They bitch about the same thing year after year but can't be arsed to actually go out there and try to make a change. Am I saying you can't sit here and complain to your hearts content in a big circlejerk? No, go ahead and do so. I am saying your complaining doesn't make a difference in the end, just like the guy who sits in his couch and bitches about politics doesn't make a difference, either.

I just get so tired of these guys who complain and bitch all the time about how the sims suck and they aren't realistic etc. Know what? You had an alternative that set out to be the hyperrealistic subsim you all wanted. It was called Danger From The Deep and was opensource. You could have thrown your money at that team instead of UBI. But instead you all complained about UBI not getting it right. Now you no longer have any alternative. You can either have SHO or no new subsim at all. Or you can still play SH3 10 years from now - that's progress, right?

So no, go ahead and complain all you want if it makes you feel better about your identity as a consumer.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote