View Single Post
Old 05-09-12, 04:16 PM   #25
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Just wanted to voice why I personally could give less then a crap about this Silent Hunter Online.

1. Browser based. Really? I didn't buy a beefy rig to play flash or java games in a web browser.

2. Guaranteed it will be dumbed down. For one it's browser based, for two its probably marketed at a broader audience.

3. I categorically will no longer buy any games that have a mandatory online component. Internet connections can go down, and bandwidth is no longer unlimited. I want to play my game, when i want, and not use my bandwidth to do it.

4. I have learned from experience with Age of Conan, and Lord of the Rings Online that free to play is a farce. It either hampers you so you can't do anything without spending money so it's tantamount to an extended trial, or it entices you in such a way where you end up spending more money in the long run then if you had just gotten a subscription to begin with.

5. It appears that its going to be another battle of the atlantic with a type 7 uboat. If i wanted a sub sim with that dedicated setup, id play SH5.

6. I feel betrayed. Why didn't ubi finish SH4? Why didn't they finish SH5? In fact, they dropped the ball worse on sh5 with half the game content of previous titles, half the usual support patchs, and twice the number of bugs. Instead of addressing all that, they do this. Ubisoft i give you the 1 fingered salute.

7. I'm tired of Das Boot. It's a great movie, and i've had great das boot movie like experiences in SH3 and SH4. However the main inspiration behind this series has grown old and stale on me from the constant usage to the point of being generic.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote