View Single Post
Old 06-11-12, 01:20 PM   #2
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

The SH2 Tutorials are a bit harder than they need to be because the details are in the game manual and the game expects you to have the manual with you during the tutorials. The game defaults automatic targeting and automatic torpedo settings.

I am also assuming you are referring to Tutorial 2, which is not the best tutorial in the series because they dump you in an Einbaum 5NM away from your targets. The tutorial forces you to make a proper approach to the targets, which is a pain in the Type II because you are setting up 10-knot targets in a 12-knot boat. You have to run sufficiently West to have enough lead to get into position when you make the northerly turn.

If you are missing, you are either firing at too steep an angle or from too far out. I would recommend that you use the Fast 90 Method. Since this is a tutorial, I would highly recommend disabling duds as the torpedoes have an obnoxious dud rate in the tutorials with the setting enabled. Three ships plus five torpedoes plus obnoxious reload times plus duds equal an impossible-to-complete mission. I altered the Tutorial 2 mission to use a Type VII and the mission was much more practicable.
Hinrich Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote