View Single Post
Old 11-06-11, 11:54 AM   #2630
PapaKilo
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
But the guys who want the higher dud rates are also experienced players, and according to their experiences dud rates are too low.
Your input is welcome!
Excuse me ? Did you just called me a noob in SH3 ?

I'm with this game for 6 years and counting and I went through fire and hell improving my skills, knowledge, tactics, etc. This would probably make me an experienced player as well, but I never complained about dud rates are being too low. I literally ENJOY the view of explosion of the torpedo and then watching the ship sinking if I made everything right in TDC. Thus I'm getting full emotional pack of dissapointment when the torp goes dud even with perfect angle and TDC. Even if it was my last torpedo that went dud and I have to watch the ship passing by and we can not stop him. This was life and this is already in the game. No need to fix anything that is not broken.

Experienced players are usually bored, because they know how the game works, so they want to mess with their boredom playing SH3 by looking for some fresh new play feelings, which could re-triger their bored interest towards SH3 with fresh updates.

So if the experienced player thinks he does too much of tonnage, it doesn't mean he has to make his life complicating in game with something that would directly influence the gameplay by making it too complicated like more duds, more bad weather, more malfunctions etc etc.

If this is the exitement for experienced players as you say to come back with as little as possible tonnage sunken due to "bad luck" factor then of course I can't make you think otherwise

And Yes the fix like this is becoming some sort of masoschizm, which I think is just a fruit of simple boredom that came from too experienced players looking for new sense.

Last edited by PapaKilo; 11-06-11 at 12:20 PM.