View Single Post
Old 01-12-11, 03:46 PM   #207
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Back to the problem at hand, which Keltos brought to my attention... I don't have more solutions than you guys. I should have thought about this one at some point and have the programmers ad some extra stuff to account for British practice, which was not completely unknown to me

I wonder if the firing button could be blocked when the gyro angle was different from a set of values?
Many thanks for taking some time to consider the problem Dan

Locking the fire button could be a solution, even if not a perfect one. If we can make it display the grayed-out graphic normally and highlight in red when the torpedo has a zero GA that would be somehow similar to the original buzzer and burning light in the Fruit Machine.

But I have no idea how to do that

Any suggestions on how to link the button graphic to the GA?

If the own ship dial was stationary, we could maybe solve it by converting the GA pointer into a circular dial with a hole that shows the button and makes it available only when the dial comes to zero. But since the own ship dial also rotates, the pointer shows the zero GA in any part of it, so we would need to have the fire button rotate all around with it, which would be confusing and probably also impossible to do.

Hmmmmm another alternative, since the own ship must somehow point close to the target line of sight (Top of own ship dial) could be to have the ownship dial be larger and hide the fire button until the own ship dial aims close to the line of sight ... say some 45º either side

But again we would stumble against the same problem, i.e. we would be free to shoot any moment with an instant-GA update on the fly insde those -/+ 45º

Not to mention that I absolutely lack the skills for modifying the menu.ini to do the trick with the dials