View Single Post
Old 08-09-09, 01:16 PM   #19
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trygvasson View Post
Visibility: I guess it's an old-timer's habit to think in absolute visibility ranges as far as computer simulations are concerned. Dynamic spotting ranges and chances are much better, of course, as this is much closer to the real thing.
Yes, it's pretty realistic. The problem is, it's pretty much impossible to depict it visually for the players.

Quote:
Gunnery: my problem is that I find it hard to visually judge the range on the battlespace. I'd really like a line in the sea telling me how far my ships can fire.
On the minimap, each ship and shore battery has a circle drawn around it indicating its maximum range. You can also read the exact maximum range for any weapon by mousing over it on the Ship Information Screen.

You can also take direct measurments in the game yourself. Select one of your ships, then move the mouse wherever you want it, on the water or over another ship. White text at the bottom of the screen will tell you the distance between the selected ship and the mouse cursor.

Quote:
On topic: how much is accuracy affected by number of ships firing at it?
This only makes a real difference at longer ranges were accurate splash spotting was required. IIRC, this is about 5km in the game. Inside that, the number of ships firing at the same target doesn't really matter. Beyond that, however, only 2 ships can fire at the same target without penalty. Once you get 3 or more ships involved, nobody can tell which splashes are theirs and all of them suffer a large accuracy penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trygvasson View Post
Another couple of things, from the Campaign:
- any way I can find info on approximate repair times?
- what happens if I assign more tonnage than a port can supply?
- since I can't assign repair priorities myself, how does the program do it?
There's nothing I know of that tells you how long a ship will take to repair. In general, the time to repair a destroyed weapon is a function of its size. DD-size guns are usually repaired in a day or 2, but BB main guns might take a few weeks. Hull damage is usually repaired faster than propulsion damage, etc.

I think all ships are repaired simultaneously and independently. IOW, there's no priority to worry about.

I don't think you're able to base more tonnage at a facility than it will hold. If you're able to, then it's a bug you should report.
Bullethead is offline   Reply With Quote