View Single Post
Old 03-07-13, 06:25 PM   #7
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuer Frei! View Post
Are we? Drawing nearer to a release date?
How long has the beta been going for now?
the first German Betas were released to testers some time in December if i remember correctly. (About 3 months ago) The game was announced at least this time last year (march or april) on subsim

logic would dictate that the natural life cylce of development - immediately following Beta, is Demo and following demo is release.

to clarify my statement in the earlier post... we are nearing a release date in the sense that we are a year closer give or take than we were last march. not necessarily that a release date is looming in the coming weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuer Frei! View Post
As for the pay to win or pay to play, well, Ubisoft obviously has done some research into the Micro Transaction games marKets, hint hint WoT, and thinks that because they are making money hand over fist, that they can emulate this by introducing us to the SHO game.
this is true and i agree... I do not claim to have my finger on the pulse of the submarine simulation community, but a large part of me tends to think that Ubisoft is going to be very disappointed by taking the title in this direction and expecting to make it into a WOT / WOW cash cow.

i just think the sim customer and the game customer are two different people, and they look for different things in a product.

see my other thread about microsoft flight.

this pay to win concept does not mesh with simulators IMHO