View Single Post
Old 05-29-16, 11:51 AM   #42
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
After setting up and testing the sound folder from v2.0 in v1.3. I didn't hear the creaking noises on all sub classes. The ones I did hear it in was the Sargo, Tambor, Gar, and Gato. Heard nothing while diving or coming back to PD. Just wondering if the sound of the creaking is intermittent or is it something that should happen during each dive? Other than that when installing I overwrote when asked by the JSGME and everything else seems to work fine. Can't say I've heard this ticking noise you've mentioned Billy.

One question. The background music plays all the time, is there a way to shorten the duration of it so it does not play all the time.
Thanks for the feedback!
Strange, I had creaking noises on all the subs except the pigboat. On my wife's laptop even the pigboat had creaking noises. I cannot explain that...
I actually deleted them, the noise was continuous and was breaking my nerves. But I miss them. I'll put them back and experiment further.

The beauty of FOTRS... Balao class. Headphones at 100%. Ship sighted! Two sampans. About an hour (game time) after sinking them, radar contact! Ahead flank, intercepting course, a Kagero and a subchaser! Sighted at 9000 yards. Spotted me of course. Crash dive, 540ft deep, got depth charged. No damage, the level 4 creaking sound starts to play! Man, that was scary!! Returned immediately to 400 feet!

Edit:
SH4's music is great. I have the Collector's Edition, with the game's music on CD.
But when the action starts, I press Escape, options, sound, untick the music button
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote