View Single Post
Old 07-24-22, 08:17 PM   #4931
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
US boats/crew use both the Sensors_sub_US.sim and Sensors.cfg.
the sim may also use AI_Visual_Sensors.dat and sensorvisualsub.sim but i have not test-varied these files.

as far as which set of parameters match the various sensors (visual v radar v hydrophone), you need to walk through the SensorData entries and discover which are which (visual v radar v hydrophone).

i've tested some value-changes and they seem to work.
you are correct in your observation that extending the capability of any sensor means that you will receive interrupts each time a sensor detects the enemy. and yes, it can be a real PITA when you are trying to either flank or close an enemy.

Right, I adjusted sensors in TMO and issue was resolved, trying to replicate in my custom FOTRS setup. Trying to get it where lookouts spot contacts on surface in most cases before the hull mounted hydrophones do, so the hierarchy of sensors, do not get the sound reports on surface usually, which is nice. I wish to tune the players hydrophones down to a more historically accurate level, esp for when on surface. Files are a little different than TMO from I recall so not sure which is which.

I really hate I somehow deleted my reference sheet that had the sensors and their ID numbers etc. Member who helped me put it together is no longer active unfortunately. One of my great annoyances with SH 4 is some things are clearly labeled and others are cryptic lmao.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote