Old 08-01-20, 05:53 PM   #32
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
SH5 moves in mysterious ways...

When C3 files needed resaving in Goblin I assumed it was because they were initially created in S3D, but Mary was made in Goblin/Gr2Editor exclusively so something else is at play here. Did NOC_Ben and NKC_Grisou also give you these problems? These two ships don't have FX files at all and they weren't based on NRTW template so that could narrow down the issue.

Anyway, with 2.2.20 update coming, I'll wait with any changes until it's out, and then I think I will keep two versions of my mod separately downloadable: a full "stock" version and a small "only the things I've added since last TWoS update" patch for anyone who plays TWoS and wants to test new ships as they appear

In veeeery mysterious ways indeed ...
I'll try to upload tomorrow RC version of v2.2.20 update and the museum rendering mod I was talking about. I'll also then explain to you in details how to use it and to replicate these problems.

I doubt that we will ever find real explanation for what is going on without some real programmer with SH5 experience, but in the end it doesn't really matter. We learned to track down, isolate and fix the problem and that's all we need for stable gameplay.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote