View Single Post
Old 05-20-20, 12:14 PM   #1059
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havan_IronOak View Post
Here's a screenshot. Perhaps keeping the Heavy breathers outside the sub while submerged is the key ;-)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2103091042

Another question about this mod... Radar Depth/Decks Awash - I understood that Decks awash allowed you to fire up the diesels and recharge batteries and move faster. When I use R to signal this I see that the game still considers me submerged as to refreshing CO2 and running Diesels. Am I just misunderstanding something?

With eyeball on the progress bar, you won't always see the CO2 level because very small usually, so you must hower over it (but you know that I'm sure, I just say it for completness.)
If you mean with 'Heavy breathers' that the wakes will emerge the conning tower for a short time, then you may be right: With the conning tower surfaced the crew could - at least in theory - open a hatch which will give oxygen for several hours immediately. Normally the CO2 level rises from 0 to 5 if you stay 8 hours underwater, but actually when it gets to 20+ it becomes dangerous for your crew I think and also visible on the progress bar. it's possible that SH4 doesn't wait more seconds after the sub is on surface before refilling CO2, but will refill at the very second where you conning tower is over water. That's it maybe, just a possibility. CO2 refilling takes place in steps of 70% - 100% IIRC.
My suggestion: go at 150+ feet depth and go to high TC (in a neutral situation withtout enemy units nearby!), your CO2 level should raise slowly.
Then, German U-boots can have Snorkels (but in real life they worked only at approx. radar depth and max. 7 knots), so SH4 may even raise them without you knowing about to refill CO2, but I don't know, I haven't played German boats in SH4.

After reading your post I have watched the CO2 level but in my case (S-Boat class) it has raised to 1 after about 2 hours submerged during an attack.

XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-20-20 at 12:43 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote