View Single Post
Old 06-26-22, 11:32 AM   #3552
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
And how will overturning Roe v Wade help with restricting "limitless" abortion? The only thing this ruling allows now is for states to ban abortion if they so choose. Other states could do the other extreme, with or without Roe v Wade.
What is Roe v Wade?

Quote:
Anyone can get an abortion at under 12 weeks. No criteria needs to be met. I also didn't claim Finland had limitless abortion, nor have I ever said anything to support limitless abortion so again I'm not sure why you are bringing this up.

He says, after bringing it up himself.
No criteria, whenever they want huh?

Granted things may have changed since April 2021 when this article was written.

Quote:
Recent figures from the Finnish Institute of Health and Welfare (THL) have revealed that Finland has the lowest rate of induced abortions among Nordic countries.

It also has the strictest abortion laws, being the only Nordic country where women need to acquire the signature of at least one doctor (in some cases two) to terminate an unwanted pregnancy.

If the pregnancy has proceeded past 13 weeks, special permission from the National Supervisory Authority for Welfare and Health (Valvira) must be obtained.

In 2019, Finland reported 7.7 induced abortions per every thousand women (aged 15–49). The corresponding figure in Sweden, which has the highest number of abortions among Nordic countries, was 16.4 per every thousand women.

As of 2019, Finland had 8,700 induced abortions per year. It also accounted for the highest proportion of drug-induced abortions (97.7 per cent) among Nordic countries. Drug-induced (pharmaceutical) abortions were first introduced in the country in 2000.

According to Anna Heino, special planning officer at THL, the difference in abortion rates between countries can be attributed to various factors, including legislation and cultural differences.

Finland’s current legislation regarding termination, which first came into force in 1970, has been accused of being outdated. Last year, a citizen’s initiative seeking to reform Finland’s abortion laws received enough signatures to be sent to the parliament for consideration.

Quote:
See Lousiana, no exceptions for rape or incest.
Dude, I don’t know where you’re getting your intel from but your claim is absolute rubbish, made up fantasy, nothing could be further from the truth. Louisiana has no such restrictions preventing abortion in cases of rape or incest.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-26-22 at 12:17 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote