View Single Post
Old 06-26-22, 10:35 AM   #3548
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Not sure why you're bringing this up. The issue isn't limitless abortion, but the other extreme where a state can now take that choice away from women and force them to carry a child. Uncle Billy Bob raped his 12yo niece? Congrats, you're going to be a mom!

As for Finland, anyone can get an abortion up until 12 weeks. After that, up to 24 weeks, depending of criteria.

But over here it is about limitless abortion. People don't like limitless abortions in their states. Many think what Virgina allows is utterly disgusting barbaric and inhuman and they don't want it in their State.

"Depending on criteria" like I said even in Finland a woman does not have an absolute right to do whatever, whenever she pleases. She will likely have to travel to another country to achieve her goal if she fails to meet the criteria. The fact is, your State does have limitations which was my point. Right or wrong isn't for me to decide whats best for Finland, that's your job. As an American I couldn't care less how you govern your nation it's not even a blip on my RADAR.

According to CNN Alabama has what CNN called the most restrictive anti-abortion laws in the nation.. ANTI-ABORTION!

In Alabama, the following restrictions on abortion were in effect as of June 24, 2022:
  • A patient must receive state-directed counseling that includes information designed to discourage the patient from having an abortion, and then wait 48 hours before the procedure is provided.
  • Health plans offered in the state’s health exchange under the Affordable Care Act can only cover abortion in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.
  • The use of telemedicine to administer medication abortion is prohibited.
  • The parent of a minor must consent before an abortion is provided.
  • Public funding is available for abortion only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.
  • A patient must undergo an ultrasound before obtaining an abortion; the provider must offer the patient the option to view the image.
  • Abortion is banned, except in cases of life endangerment and health of the patient.
  • The state requires abortion clinics to meet unnecessary and burdensome standards related to their physical plant, equipment and staffing.
It's apparently obvious that your Billy Bob scenario, claims of lives destroyed, death, suffering is a bit extreme and uncalled for.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-26-22 at 11:03 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote