Old 10-28-21, 12:06 PM   #6
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
how cool is that!
Will be quite cool once have a Dutch sub model, plus if AI can have it roaming the seas. Will if can get her firing torpedoes (if does not already)

I've added (in forthcoming TMO patch) the Darter, S-39, S-27, S-36 all aground at proper times and locations. Crew in rafts which can be rescued Player gets message so if near by, can assist, rescue the rafts, and scuttle the subs. Rescue of rafts gains major renown points. I believe that is all the US subs which ran aground and needed rescuing/scuttling, but still researching to make sure did not miss any. Flier grounded at Midway, plan to add it as well for immersion/scenery.

Of course the issues are I had to use static models of subs, since for whatever reason the AI versions when random generate in campaign layers would not show up lol the rafts would but not the sub.

Second, the geography, when it comes to reefs SH 4is way off so have to place them in places slightly different than, but near historic locations. Darter for example, hit Bombay Shoal. Well in SH4 the coordinates of Bombay Shoal is in deep water lol and same for some others. So I found one of the shallow spots nearby in the "danger zone" in south china sea and placed it there.

Still deciding if I want to place subnets at shallow depth(0 ft) , to represent the reefs, where player can't cross over or risk grounding or just leave it up to player. I simulated the reef around Midway with a subnet and unless go below with camera, looks like it could be a reef.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote