View Single Post
Old 10-03-12, 06:14 PM   #13
Nexus7
Commander

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinrich Schwab View Post
(...)If a new sim could really capture the "stealth vs combat" aspect of the Cold War, I am certainly all for it. However, it isn't coming from a Silent Hunter installment and it is certainly not coming from Ubisoft.
maybe from Sonalyst ?

On edit, I think it is wasted resources, RIGHT NOW, for Sonalyst, to develop a cold war simulator.
Sonalyst excels in reproducing the thrill of commander vs commander decisions, with modern submarines.
At the same time i am (but that's me) reluctant in the option of modders modifying Sonalyst combat simulations in order to reflect cold war situations.

Sonalyst is a serious company. I did play a lot with Sub Command, i mean human vs human, and they achived to give us a fantastic simulator... fantastic that far, that in some occasions (for example playing vs officials of the REAL navy!) i could argue for 1 second (or maybe one minute) to outsmart them. If you dont realize what that means, stick with human vs AI.

Let them work, be patient, sustain the sector, be realistic, and again LET THEM WORK IN PEACE. They know what's a simulator.

Last edited by Nexus7; 10-03-12 at 06:35 PM.
Nexus7 is offline   Reply With Quote