View Single Post
Old 06-28-22, 10:34 AM   #11
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Long-term committment (years, not months) is what is needed, and an attitude of "everyday a bit practice", even if only for short - practically EVERY day. The piano will arrive next week. I bought today the course I intend to run with. Its a steal, and it absolutely connects to me in the way the man leads his students through. For the cost of one lesson with a live tutor I got all the material, in form of 9 ebup books with integrated videos . And very viosually, for me that is important, take the following exmaple. My ftaher once tried to explai8n it to me, in talking, and I wa sleft mostkly unimpressed, and just thoght "Hu...?" But this brief little video, nothing special, made all the difference. Theory goes not first, but second if not third, instead: visual pattern recognition, and curious playing. Many say piano is easier to leanr than amny other instruments, my father also agrees with that. Becasue all tones it cna amke are laid out before youreyes, each toine has one key. A violine, a guitar , worse: wind instruments, you have nothing fixed and visible before you, the tones are "invisible". Try to see the geometry from this video in a - trombone! Its not possible.

There are 200 such video lessons included, and then severla hundred pages of text, with plenty of keyboard illustrations to lead you through. I checked it out and iemdoately knew: this one is my way.

https://pianoforall.com/

However, the aim of this course is what it is, and it is not any different. That is good if your intentions match with the direction the course aims at, and its bad if you have expectations that the course does not care for. The guy in this video expkains it, and leaves no doubt that it does not teach you evertyhing - but he is fair enough to say that what it actually does teach, it probably teaches in a better way than any other. I had a first look at the books, and I am absolutely attracted to the method. I also like that it is not ignorrant of the needed necessity of also knpowing a bit about music theory, but it doe snot kill the mtovaiton in students by pushign it before anythign else and borign people to death, it lets it drip in more playfully, en passant, and always interuroted by plewnty of excersising opportunity. When i think of the music classes at school, I still feel pure horror today! Absolutely thoerteical, abstract, dry and disconnected form - wlel, from usic'S reality when hearing of doing it. How can they kill the curiosity in young people so carelessly?