Old 03-22-22, 04:04 PM   #1214
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by teclove View Post
Okay, got it all working really good. No CDT's, bugs etc.

Please remind me - in OM/Dark Waters there are only patrol missions? I'm getting only "go to grid XX, patrol for 96h).

Second and last question. There are many (sometimes to many) messages about current war situation. I've got message for U-boots near Norway to assist Tirpitz battleship - can I find it there? I remember that Om used data from uboat.net. How accurate are those messages (only for "lore" or things really happens on the map when I'm bored at grid XX?).

Thanks!

Breaking this down...

1st off, OMDW's, is SH4... NOT SH3... meaning you're not going to get told go here & patrol for a lousy 24 hrs then get left to your own devices...

SH4, features the ability to, (on the messages clip board on completing your primary & in some instances... 2nd & 3rd level objectives intermixed in with the primary one) radio in & get new orders... so your initial war patrol, can last for a bit... until you get told to RTB. Which can happen after doing a couple of objective orders... sometimes, after 1 or 2 objectives... it varies.

2ndly...

as with your example there, Tirpitz... I believe if I recall it rightly... that is not just radio flash filler fluff... iirc it is scripted in, if... IF (& this is a mighty BIG if, at that... ) of being close enough to that area, you can participate in the attempt to 'save' that BB... or is that the Bismarck I am thinking on... it may be both... *shrugs*

So, no, not all the radio messages you have flitting about in game, are just there for fluff value... just how much is, not fluff, can't rightly say off hand... but would reckon, maybe 1/3 of it up to maybe 1/2.

Hope, this info helps... clarify things for ya...

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.!

M. M.