View Single Post
Old 05-22-22, 04:19 PM   #238
hunter301
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
If you haven't installed the DirectX v9.0c and Codecs when doing the SH4 install, then the game does not have the "library" files to call for the display. This is automatically done with the Steam version, and I ~thought~ the Amazon download also - but maybe not... The disk version has it on the install menu.

Also, after installing the game, especially if you have a newer computer and OS, you HAVE to find the SH4.exe file in your install directory (folder), and set the Properties on the "Compatibility" tab such that it will properly display on your computer. The symptoms of failure to do that are similar to a DirectX problem in that the screen goes black and you cannot see the 3D portion of the game running. This is the price we pay for running a 2005 game, built for Windows XP, in the 'modern' Windows. Even if you have DirectX v27 though, you NEED the files in the DirectX v9.0c install. It will not overwrite anything, just add to it.
Everything loads up as it did in the past. DirectX v9.0c is in the load of items to load and I leave it in there to load up.
The only item in the install list that I deselect to load is the "Gameshadow App".
Sorry not happening..hate those things plus it's so far in the past I don't even know if they still exist.
I was wondering why it's not asking for the individual key code in order to load up the game. Just goes right past that step.
Game seems to load fine then once it's finished there's absolutely nothing on my desktop or in my menu bar to show that the game even exist on computer. I have to go into the actual file explorer and find the Run application in the file and click on it then the start menu comes up for either:
Play
Readme
Uninstall
Manual

The problem with trying to set the SH4.exe to compatibility mode is..
There is no SH4.exe in my SH4 folder that is installed on the computer.
I only have an SH4.icon and SH4 application.

"You know what the chain of command is?
It's the chain I get and beat you with till you understand who's in command."
-ME
hunter301 is offline   Reply With Quote