View Single Post
Old 10-02-13, 06:16 AM   #10
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
thanks for the new texture Gap! I'll test it and put it to the next version.
My own pleasure

Quote:
That would be great if somebody would upload it!
Done! New link:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4224

Quote:
Maybe I'll ask those rights later myself!
Okay, when you do it, try asking if your mods that I have already uploaded to Subsim can be transferred directly to your profile, so that you will be able to edit them

Quote:
That is possible in the upcoming versions. SH 4 cargo looks pretty good in GR2 ships, it only is missing shadow.
Do you mean gpu-calculated external shadows? I am afraid that dynamic shadows are only cast by GR2 objects.

This would force us to have a double set of cargo models: better looking GR2 cargo for native ships, and dat cargo for imported ships. Moreover, during the last weeks I have done several tests with GR2 Editor, and I have had some problems with the importing of UV maps (see Open Horizon's thread on this subject). Nothing insurmontable, I hope, but I still need to figure out what I am doing wrong

Quote:
But now I want to see that this works 100% and then maybe add more stuff.
I agree. Wise plan!

Quote:
There is currently one bug that I would like to fix, maybe you know something about it Gap? Cargos have now working damage modelling, but straight deck gun hits just dissappear and don't cause damage. I have tried almost everything (even .dat cargo acts that way), either I suck at damage modelling, or the cargo system is a bit different than in previous games.
Have you added collision spheres to them? Which damage box zone have you used?

Later today I will look into your issue, and I will let you know in case I find anything
gap is offline   Reply With Quote