View Single Post
Old 05-06-23, 08:17 AM   #1592
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 442
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar View Post
Got a question for you guys ... This is from post #1528, and has sparked my interest in the Polish Navy's submarines. I didn't even know Poland had submarines. So anyway, I did a Google search and found an artical in Wikipedia about the "ORZEL". I know it departed (escaped) Tallinn on Sept 18th 1939. I just happen to be patrolling grid AO59 at the current moment, which is Sept 18th 1939 too. Is this sub scripted in NYGM HC v3.9 ? If it isn't then, I learned something new and it's no big deal. If it is, then I'm gonna find her. Since this being Sept 18,39 already, Tallinn is to far to go and the "ORZEL" could easily slip past me. I'm in a Type IIa with 3 torpedos and about 50-60% fuel remaining and my speed is not all that great. Where I'm at currently the "ORZEL" could also easily sneak past via AO55 and since AO59 has kinda dried up, I did get a Polish Merchant early on in this patrol, but it's only friendly and neutral contacts now, I was thinking of sailing west to the choke point of AO76 and hang there until I'm almost out of fuel or out of torpedos, and see what comes along, I might get lucky. Well anyway I hope the "ORZEL" is in the game or my plan was just an idea that sounded good at the time.

Jerry,

There is/was a mod that included the Orzel. Here is the link for the Subsim thread ...

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom//showthread.php?p=976501

I never personally came across this in game.

Come to think about it, I do not recall seeing a whole lot of Polish shipping in NYGM. Kind of sparse, maybe? LSH3 has whole fleets of Polish merchant shipping making their way back to Poland. Ran out of torpedoes before I got to the Atlantic. But that's another story.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote