Old 01-06-22, 05:48 PM   #5
DiTRay
Swabbie

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
Icon1 Reply

Ahoy, Aktungbby, Vox165!

Thank you for the reply!

Wow! I didn't know the weather engine in this sim is so sophisticated. That's really great, especially for the time of the release. Could you tell me, where I can find more info about how to write weather fronts in the scenarios? I like sandboxes and simulation games with advanced scenario editors. It would be interesting to see full potential of SH2.

Speaking of the ".SDF" files, I compared a few of them in Russian and English versions and they seem to be identical. The only difference is that the names of the missions, ships and bases are in Russian. Weather conditions are also the same. There is also "Ships Galore" scenario missing and an extra SDF file in Random scenarios in the Russian version, which couldn't affect the game so much. It's just an interesting fact. Looks like the localization didn't go right.

Well, I guess I'll have to parse both Russian and English versions with a HEX editor or a disassembler to see the changes and hopefully get everything to work properly.

I'm also aware that Ubisoft opened the source code of the game to the Subsim community but I could not find it. The only thing I found is the "Projekt Messerwetzer" patch. I thought it cold help me to find the problem in the binary, but I'm absolutely unsure if I really need it.

Anyway, if there are any updates I'll post them here right off. I'll see what I can do...
DiTRay is offline   Reply With Quote