Thread: SH4 Mods
View Single Post
Old 06-19-20, 06:20 AM   #17
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

@Deep10,

Thank you for showing us your video, I assume you have followed my points above. I have only 3 ideas to add to what I said (please check the 3rd idea fist):

Write-Protected Files:
Check your SH4 game folder, chose all the files in it but not the folders, right-click > Properties. The box 'write-protected' must not be checked, otherwise uncheck it and click OK. Repeat a 2nd time, this time with all the files and folders of the SH4 game folder, and say Yes when asked to also apply for the sub folders.
If this doesn't work: it means you don't have administrator rights on your computer OS which should not happen if you did install the game in a free accessible folder. Are you sure the game is not installed on a removable media or on a protected drive? Then the files will not be free accessible, this should not be done.
You would need to change your amdin rights in the Account settings of Windows, set your account as 'Administrator'.

Corrupt download or missing files:
Deactivate the mod in JSGME, then chose it on the left side and chose 'Explore'. Select all what you see, right-click > Properties. What file size in Bytes do you see? Can you please publish it here?
Or:
Deactivate the FOTRSU mod and remove it from JSGME (right-click it on the left side after deactivating and chose delete), redownload the mod and reinstall it in JSGME. No need to repeat my steps in my post above, reload your save and it should be ok if your previous download was corrupt or if you did remove files by error in the past.

Antivirus has blocked the LAA or the 4GB Patch
Maybe you did not notice that your antivirus or security suite has blocked the 4GB patch or LAA while you have tried to apply it. You must check this in your antivirus. In the case of the 4gb patch, if there is a file "sh4.exe.Backup" in your game folder then the patch was applied correctly, if not then the patch was not applied and the game will run out of RAM without error message like in your video (that's true only for the 4gb patch and not LAA; wether LAA is correctly applied you must check this on your own, sorry, I'm not using that one; have you .Net 2.0 installed on your computer? This is a requisite for LAA...it's simpler to use the 4GB patch...).

If I get other ideas I will feedback. I hope you soon get it resolved, I can see in your video that the game loads pretty fast , identical to my system, so your system is definitly not the culprit, except if you did huge changes to your video driver settings, in this case relaunch NVidia Panel (or the AMD equivalent if you have a AMD card) and reset all to default settings.

XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 06-19-20 at 07:33 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote