Old 06-19-20, 03:40 AM   #15
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep10 View Post
I really did follow your very clear instruction to the letter and I have given the link to my uploaded video so that you can see what happens.

I really have had enough now, but thank you for your time and effort, I do have to get on with other things, I did get one Mod to work, a small enviroment mod. so that will have to do.

Ok, 1st off.. when you did the install of SH4, did you ensure that it WAS NOT inside the C:\Program Files or in C:\Program Files (x86) BUT instead, was installed in a fresh clean folder set up in the C drive, as follows ( example C:\Games\SH4).?

General opinion is, avoid the 1st 2 I listed there & create your own folder in C:\ instead. Basic reasoning behind this methodology is.. the UAC, hates anything which modifies files that are in those areas, with a purple passion & will annihilate anything that attempts to do so.. paraphrasing here, from what I recall.

The 2nd question I'd like to ask is...

What basis is the manner of your source for SH4.. disk, Uplay, Steam..??

Having knowledge of that will assist in seeing of assisting you in getting past this snafu & getting you up and skippering a sub.