Thread: Graphics mods
View Single Post
Old 11-19-19, 11:55 AM   #11
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Sounds like you've had quite a learning experience. At least you were partly successful and you did get FotRS UE to run, but not fully as you would hope.

My experience is only with Silent Hunter games so can not speak as to how easy or difficult it is to mod compared to other games.

I use the Steam versions. FotRS UE will run smoothly on my SH4 (v1.3) plus SH4 Wolves of the Pacific with U-boat Missions (v1.5).

Prior to my recent trial of FotRS UE, I used Webster's Game Fixes Only Mod (known as GFO) plus additional Webster's individual mods as well as others (totaling 45 mods) with GREAT success. All installed with the Generic Mod Enabler as I detailed to you.

You might look at using your Gold Edition plus downloading Webster's GFO. Here's the SubSim site: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=151796

Now that I know you have the Gold Box Edition, I'll ask some questions on other forums to see if there is a known conflict between it and FotRS UE.

I'll post here if I find any updates to offer. You do likewise. Don't give up on SH4 yet.