Old 06-29-10, 05:48 PM   #74
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack Harkness View Post
Unfortunately this is the best I can do:

From all the sources I've read, it was exclusively applied to snorkels. If you wanna make a non-historically accurate skin, though, that's cool. As a note on color, the base rubber (BUNA) is black like the Oppanol that Alberich is made of, but it also had iron-oxide (rust) in the mix so it may have been some shade of red. The pic above seems to hint that it was not black. Oh, and the texture is quite three-dimensional, so it will require extensive bump mapping to be accurate.
I never found any article stating it was exclusively used on snorkles. Almost all the articles I read stated it was mainly used on snorkles.

As a side not. I managed to make the Imp Alberich, Tarnmatte and Imp Tarnmatte available as upgrade packs in port. I am running with the Imp Tarnmatte now and it appears to work. When using External View submerge and I get right next to the boat, I can not here the boat at Minimum or Slow Speed but when I go to Half Speed I start hearing the boat like I did before the upgrade when the boat was at Minimum Speed.

As for changing the Snorkle Texture, not sure if I can since the Tarnmatte also changes the shape.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote