View Single Post
Old 06-28-10, 10:26 AM   #45
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
In GIMP, (it is what I use so it is all I know) there is a bump map tool. With it, you can make _N.dds images very quickly. If you simply take the background color of an _N.dds file and make a blank image with it the same size as the texture you are using, you can then tell it to create a bump map with that texture (in your case, a sub skin). So, the _N.dds file will match up perfectly with your texture, and you get the 3d effects. Of course, in the tool itself there are some adjustments that can be made, and you have to get them right in order for it to work. Anyway, you may want to get GIMP just to check out that feature. It's totally free.
I just tried GIMP 2.6.9
I really like that feature for creating the Bump Map. Thing is, I don't want to bump map every skin. I would rather figure out how to change the color pallete to the Purple/Violet used in the *_N.DDS so I only have to do it that one time for each Sub Model.
I have Graphic FX such as welding, rust, dirt, oil and other FX, each on their on layer in my Templates, so that when I don't need that specific effect I can just Hide it before saving changes. I just have to remember to Undo the Flatten Image Layers after each save.

So my question is: How do I change the Color Pallete to Purple/Violet to create the *_N.DDS Bump Map?

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 06-28-10 at 11:19 AM. Reason: fixed type error
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote