View Single Post
Old 06-28-10, 07:24 AM   #42
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
Yeah, honestly, your skins look high quality already man.

What image editing software are you using. If you are using GIMP, I could pretty much tell you anything you wanted to know.
OK, have been learning a little about Bump Maps. When editing the *_N.dds, changes made with a lighter shade appear as depressions on the skin texture and of course changes made with a darker shade appear to be raised surfaces on the skin texture when rendered on the model.
By doing a gradient fill for a Single Alberich Tile location on the skin, you can make that tile appear to be tilted when it is rendered.
This will really help when doing the Tarnmatte Bump Maps on the few place the Tarnmatte texture will be applied. It looked like they stapped some very course burlap material to the surfaces.

From what I have been reading, Tarnmatte "normally" was applied to the Snorkle and Periscope Heads. I am not sure if I can edit those textures in game. I did find a few Photo's showing Conning Towers that had some Tarnmatte material applied but really, not to much.
So I will keep Alberich Coating for Hull as planned and most of the Tower. I really do not think they would remove Alberich for just a few tiny patches of Tarnmatte. That is why I named this skin "Tarnmatte Anrchoic Coating". Plus, I originally based the name on the Equipment Upgrade Pack defined in the Uboat_Sensors.sim that reduces the enemiy's ability to detect you by 25% for both Radar and Sonar.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 06-28-10 at 07:42 AM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote