Old 03-05-10, 10:59 AM   #6
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jww41005 View Post
The CPU is: AMD Sempron(tm) 3000+ 1.6 GHz

I read the '6GB RAM' on the 'system requirements' on the back of the box.
I was thinking about getting another graphics card, an ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB, for example. What do you reckon?
The 6GB you are seeing is Hard Drive space. It only needs 1GB RAM (2GB Recommended)
But I agree that the video card is low, I have a 7600GS and had to lower my settings. The 1.6 Mhz is low also, they say 2Ghz with 3 recommended. Maybe someone will jump in that has tried to play it on a 1.6.

Try setting everything as low as it will go and give it a try. If you don't know, there are two places for settings. One on the main menu and another when you enter a campaign/career and enter an "office" (Captains Room) you click on a radio on the shelf to the left.

With a GF7600 GS I can run on medium. But to try it out, if you can make it far enough into the game, select to start Outside the port. A lot of machines better than mine studder around bases.

Good luck.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote