Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy1958 View Post
Very well said Commander Wallace still enjoy watching the re-runs on tele today
R.I.P. Kirstie Alley
Thanks Johnboy. We have the Cheers series on DVD. The writers for Cheers were Glen an Les Charles along with James Burrows. Ironically, Glen and Les were writers on MASH, another critically acclaimed sitcom comedy. Glen and Les also wrote for the series Taxi. Taxi also had great characters and chemistry, especially Christopher Lloyd as the drunk Taxi driver, Jim Ignatowski.

Although I didn't share Kirstie's views on Scientology, I thought all the actors and actresses on cheers including Kirstie Allie shared a unique chemistry. You know you are doing some great writing when you can create story lines and comedy for 11 seasons revolving around the misfits at a local bar / watering hole.

I also liked " As Time goes by, " an English Sitcom with Judi Dench as Jean Pargetter and Geoffrey Palmer as Lionel Hardcastle. Their respective paths cross again by happenstance after knowing each other when they were much younger. The Korean War, and a long lost letter, separated the lives of Jean and Lionel but brought them back together. Moira Brooker, Philip Bretherton rounded out the ensemble. I enjoy watching them all when I have the chance.

I would watch Cheers weekly in the final couple seasons to see what my fellow miscreants were doing at the bar. It's kinda the same reason I log into Subsim like I do.

Cheers johnboy. Have a great holiday season and all the best in the new year.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 12-10-22 at 08:01 AM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote