Old 09-21-15, 09:42 PM   #1533
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
Yesssssss. I can't wait to see more screenshots
An other thing, by this weekend I will sent to you the picture of WW1 submarines.
One question, there will be in the mod the Coastal Motor Boats (first RN MTB) and the MAS torpedo boats?
Yes, there will be motor boats. I just read about a U-Boat that was reported sunk by one.

Making more changes to the damage model of the Monmouth Class Armoured Cruiser - I got rid of the ship halves for the "parent unit", which is SH4's Liberty Ship, believe it or not - now it has proper ship halves and it breaks in two nicely. The boats and turrets are destructible....I want to add a damaged version of the turrets ; as it is, the turrets get blown overboard if the ship explodes.

Numerous miscellaneous improvements, like fires in the right locations, better funnel smoke, and British crew to replace the Japanese. Still need to redo the portholes and eliminate one anchor hole (IIRC there are only two anchor holes on the Starboard side).

These screenshots also show changes to the bridge camera. I narrowed the field of view, so that ships look much more massive when you approach them. Watching the squadron steam past was much more dramatic...the ships seem more solid, and less like toy boats.

A squadron on maneuvers. Last night I followed these ships on patrol off the coast of France at about 18 Knots, using the unmodded USS Porpoise class...I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I could follow them at high time compression with no crashes, freezes, or stuttering! Frame rate was excellent, and my computer is far from brand new. I tracked them for more than a day. Just imagine what you can do once all the different ship models and campaign layers are in - there will be German raiders, destroyers, and torpedo boats you can link up with...plus lots of other units going about their business.

iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote