View Single Post
Old 08-29-11, 08:19 AM   #32
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Lets say i want to add a search light to the kiel lighthouse .
I open goblin and open the kiel.sim file found in
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Terrain\Locations\CustomAreas\kiel
then i merge the kiel.gr2 file . Why do i do it this way , because if i open the gr2 file first and merge the sim then goblin will crash .
Ok so i have merged the gr2 file witht he sim file . It says lost controllers , who cares . I know that the lost controllers #12 is the harborcontroll object @ far which is the light house . I know this because i opened the gr2 file first and then merged the sim file and checked . Then i opened the sim first and merged the gr2 file . No idea where the origin point is on the light house . I notice in shcontrollers there is searchlighteffect controller . I add this to lost controller 12 and save . I then open the correct way to check and merge the sim file after opening the gr2 file . It has
harborobjectcontroll@far
searchlighteffect@far

The lighthouse at kiel still doesnt have a light
If you look at my FX_Update mod you'll see how I gave the lighthouse a rotating light (though not the type of rotating light you are trying to do). The searchlighteffect controller isn't going to work as you expected either. It would more than likely remain stationary. You'd have to get creative to make it turn.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote