View Single Post
Old 06-23-23, 06:55 PM   #5554
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarider View Post
Hello, all. I have the question, there are ships patroling close to harbours in JapanHarborTrafic.mis files, they deleting on last waypoint and spawn again in repeat interval (as i understand). Why not just loop the last waypoint and set the same (900h) interval as docked ships, is it have influence on game performance?
good question.

some modders do as you suggest however the game forces an end point for a group such as you are referring.

so...whether a modder loops a group to retrace its steps or just sets on a one-way trip, it must end somewhere.

another factor is that the game keeps time from an absolute date point, like 9/1/1939 or something similar. so, when a modder defines a group, he must also define the date range of the spawn, the max number of ships the group can contain, the max number of spawns that the group can make, the speed per waypoint (think on that), the spawn rate of each member-ship of of the group and a few more qualities that i cannot remember at this point. the time-date-keeping will drive modders crazy, especially when they attempt to re-create a historical setting such as the Battle of the Coral Sea or Midway, or Doolittle's raid, etc.

so, in the end, it is faster/better/easier for a modder to create a group, mark out the waypoints in either a one-way trip or a round trip and let it go.

does that help?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote