View Single Post
Old 10-18-13, 06:53 PM   #3
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERdeBOER View Post
3) The game itself. I've played the air attack tutorial and half of the submarine one.
In the air attack tutorial I received the message of several planes crashing because out of fuel... but they were supposed be back to base already and the icons disappeared (and by the way they turned back automatically).

3.1) Interface. Good, I like it apart from some things (later). I'm not having much problems finding things. The tutorial is well explained.
3.1.1) The icon set is what it is... but I missed the option of different ones. Yes, there's available to download one more clear for "non hardcore" but... here it comes, for the price, this should come by default. And no only two choices, but several.
3.1.2) Database. Big, full of data... too much... but lack of the basics. Why not photos? Or schemes, or drawings? I know you can download them separately but, yes, for the money...
I miss too a small description of the units and weapons to be able to use them better. A huge thing considering the size of the database? Yes, but for the money...

3.1.3) Log. Good, many details... too many. I would love an option of simplified log; I prefer a "Goblin3 hit by AA sidewinder missile" message, rather than the two lines full of details, but hard to read in the core of battle.
3.1.4) Window layout. Not bad, but I would like more modularity.

[snip]

That said, again (sorry) for the money, it lacks in many aspects. For 40 or even 50€ I would say this game is perfect, for 78€ I'm afraid is not. If everything goes as the creators say, it will.
It seems as though we share many of the same thoughts and reservations. Welcome aboard, shipmate.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote