View Single Post
Old 07-06-21, 03:30 AM   #90
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

15 January 1942

Hawaii
Three more destroyer-minesweepers were sacrificed to my shore batteries, but they cleared out over 60 mines. Battleships continued to bombard--at this point I'd just say Hickam is out of operation. We're only putting up token resistance to the air raids. Speaking of which, strikes today finished off the Oklahoma, West Virginia, and Maryland.

SBDs that escaped from Pearl are now bombing the enemy troops stranded on Palmyra. I might be able to counterattack and wipe them out soon.

Dutch East Indies
One of my ASW groups managed to moderately damage a sub hanging out at Surabaya. Maybe enough to send it home for repairs.

He's moved a Nate squadron to Miri. My Falcon bombers were chased away with one shot down. Being able to raid was fun while it lasted.

The CVLBG is back on the move again, heading east towards Surabaya and strafing PTs on the way. Should I give it a surface battle?

The new Dutch sub O23 got its first taste of combat, hitting a cruiser-minelayer with 2 torpedoes and sending it to the bottom. Well done,
noob.

Malaya
Kuala Lumpur has been captured.

The first wave of enemy troops is now attacking Singapore. It was only about 6,000 troops to start--artillery and combat engineers--3,000 of them were killed.

Philippines
By the numbers, he doesn't have the strength to overrun Clark, and he's taking heavy casualties trying anyway. But, because he has supplies and I'm besieged, the numbers could gradually change. And there's always possibly troops about to be moved here from Hawaii.

SouthPAC
They've brought in minesweepers to clear out the presents I left form them at Shortlands. I doubt there are that many left since there is no tender managing them.

I finally found that damned sub handing out east of Noumea. Every ship that tried to sink it missed, though.

USS Argonaut found and attacked a large troop ship north of Shortlands but missed.

Burma
More reinforcements needed for Operation Kinky Boots are arriving, and I note with some disappointment that one of my new fighter squadrons is filled a blend of quality pilots and scrubs. I have more pilots than planes in Malaya, though, so I might be able to fix that problem. But the operation will not proceed if it means I have to put rookie pilots against veteran Oscar (and Zero?) pilots in large numbers.