View Single Post
Old 03-03-23, 11:36 AM   #1136
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 817
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkeEins View Post
Simply put - periscope lock (not locking the target) locks the vertical movement of the periscope's FOV.

Think of it as periscope optic stabilization or a horizon lock.

That is... If I'm understanding the question correctly.

I find this setting to be "more realistic" when set to ON - if we were operating the periscope IRL we'd likely be stabilizing the FOV via our autonomous body balance movements.

Set to OFF the periscope is affected by vertical and lateral movements we'd be controlling "gyroscopically" with our hands, eyes and head.
Simply put - periscope lock (not locking the target) locks the vertical movement of the periscope's FOV.

Think of it as periscope optic stabilization or a horizon lock.

That is... If I'm understanding the question correctly. uais:uais:

Set to OFF the periscope is affected by vertical and lateral movements we'd be controlling "gyroscopically" with our hands, eyes and head.
No I think you will have to balance your speed according to the m/s force which eliminates the sway in the ocean there are currents the weather etc. I like this side in NYGM by Fifi the HuD Diego the lens gives a great effect during attacks... the feeling is very good in the other HuDs not the same feeling... the size of the optics no doubt.. in NYGM you can't stay still... you will have to take the initiative... wait for the right moment because of the weather..
this reinforces the real aspect I find all at least for me
in reality the "u boats" did not lock and did not stay still..
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote