View Single Post
Old 04-22-20, 09:48 AM   #804
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Just remember though, as I'm looking at a Large Ocean Liner closinig on my location now (I purposefully set-up this ambush ), that the Shinano had a green crew, and all the water-tightness of the ship was not completed. That was the purpose of the journey, was to go to a different yard for "finish" work. Plus, the fire-control team vented the avgas fumes throughout the ship, like several other carriers experienced, and that helped in the explosion and resultant conflagration. The Titantic had "water-tight" compartments that really weren't, where the water could go over the tops of the water-tight walls. So they tore open and compromised several compartments that began the flooding, and the folks "in-the-know" on the ship thought "no biggie" - that is, until the water went over the top of the what? third wall? which flooded #4, the #4 flooded #5, which flooded #6, and that's all she wrote!...

Right now, AOB is 52°, range is 2700 and closing... I should know something shortly! I turned off duds, by the way, so that should not be a factor. All torps are impact, set for 15 foot... I'll be back in a few!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote