View Single Post
Old 12-04-16, 11:30 AM   #6482
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default Have you had a chance to investigate the duplicate file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
There are MANY files that are identical duplicates (Common) in each Campaign like Harbors.mis for example.
I used WinMerge to verify that all these files were identical. (A lot of dead weight and not to mention keeping them in sync)

-=[CUT here - Read Original Post for more details]=-
Yes, some files are unique to each campaign but a lot of the files a duplicates across all Campaigns.

Making changes to just Total_Germany.pj I really didn't notice much of a performance improvement but after changing all Campaigns, to me, there was a notable improvement in Game Load Time, Save Game Load Time and Virtual Memory Usage.
It may just be me and I haven't actually timed this but I do monitor Virtual Memory Usage in Task Manager because every time I start Silent Hunter 5.
I set CPU Priority to Real Time for SH5.exe and OSI.exe to help ensure I am credited for tonnage sunk.
Then because I have Multiple Monitors I select the Performance Tab(Displays CPU and Virtual Memory Usage Performance) before switching back to SH5 and I can easily watch these performance counters as game loads/plays.
There is also a Resource Monitor Button on the Performance Tab screen that allows you to drill a little deeper but is gear toward Disk Drive performance counters and what processes are accessing each hard drive.

Not going to get started on PerfMon (Performance Monitor) as it would need custom made counters to accurately monitor Silent Hunter 5 Game Performance. This works best when NetMon is installed/enabled on the client so PerMon can monitor from remote machine. That way the NetMon and PerfMon apps have little to no effect on the client being monitored.

Have you had a chance to investigate this?
Has anyone else investigated this?

Please Advise!

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote