View Single Post
Old 05-11-21, 03:34 AM   #30
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

On SOY:

https://translate.google.com/transla...soja-ungesund/

This nicely sums up why I have come to avoid soy (since years already) although I liked Tofu roasted in the pan after being marinaded for some hours in soy sauce, roasted sesam oil and sherry. I also avoid meat "surrogates" made of soy. Only soy sauce is something i cannot do without in my kitchen, ketjap manis is somehting i cannot do without and cannot replace. But then, it is heavily fermented soy beans, so that is a bit of a difference than natural soy beans (same for Natto (grim taste and consistence, I happily skip it) and other Japanese fermented soy foods, fermentation really changes things, same for fermented milk products). We Westerners live under this impression that Japanese eat Tofu all day long, but they don'T, I knew Japanese people, and they had it rarely and said it is not common to eat often - and if so, then only in context of certain meals helping with Tofu's "fallout".

I also remind of that originally soy beans were not farmed for human consumption but as animal fodder. (Comparable to canola/rap originally getting produced to win lamp oil and ingredients for soap prduction exclusively, usiong it to feed humans came later, it was originally not farmed in huge quantities for human consumption).

Eat meat of god fat quality. Omega 6 and transfats are to be avoided. The concerns about saturated fats are no longer supportable, forget it, like we learned to forget about food cholesterol raising blood cholesterol - it doesn't. The surrogates made of soy imo never came even close to the taste and consistency of meat, not to mention that their nutrient mix is completely different. We should stop to talk of "meat surrogates", so far there are none, that simple the truth is. Like there is no surrogate for cow milk (I do not mean to say you should drink plenty of cow milk, you probably shouldn'T, but in cheese and curd and cream, milk gets processed, if it should taste well, you cannot avoid milk for this). Cereal-water mixes are no milk, do not taste like milk, and if you want to cook with them or put them in your coffee you immediately realise they also do not behave like milk. Try to cook a pudding with them, but don'T be too disappointed with the result!
All this babbling about "alternatives" in the end is just lame excuses for promoting a certain ideology and worldview.

Always watch out for, ask for, check for the quality and type of included fats and oils. I find that when I do that, 9 out of 10 "alternative" food surrogates immediately land in the waste bin. Spend more, east less, eat quality, gain health. To me that rates as just industrially processed food, often with included health hazard.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-11-21 at 03:45 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote