View Single Post
Old 04-23-21, 05:31 PM   #25
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

More on SWEETENERS:

https://translate.google.com/transla...fwechselrisiko

I came across this text from the Deutsches Ärzteblatt, summarising some studies that I have not further explored, but some of the mentioned details, namely the relevance of the guts for indirectly helping to trigger an insuline resistence, had some alarm lights flashing up on my desk. Plus the relevance of certain sweeteners reducing the diversity of the microbiome in the guts. But especially the possibility of insuline resistence being helped to get boosted by sweeteners, what somewhat counters the reason why you would consume them in the first, has me in an raised state of attention-paying, where before I was always relatively relaxed. I expressed in the first post on sweeteners that I am relaxed about that "alarmism" and could not imagine how it should be true. Maybe I must change my view on that topic very substantially. Which would be bad news, of course.

I really would like to see research results on to what degree the insuline production caused by refined sugar equals, is higher or is lower than that caused by various kinds of sweeteners. Dr. Fung mentioned that some seem to trigger higher insuline reaction than white sugar, but did not further elaborate that at the text position where he wrote it in a book.

Quote:
Dr. med. Kristina Rother criticizes the fact that for a long time the discussion about the safety of a sweetener was largely based on cancer risk and teratogenicity. The sweetener expert, who comes from Germany, is doing research at the renowned US National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Washington and now sees the problem of sweeteners elsewhere: "We also have to talk about metabolic safety." In her opinion, there is clear evidence that that artificial sweeteners can promote insulin resistance. In fact, overweight subjects showed signs of insulin resistance after being given a drink containing sucralose, as measured in the oral glucose tolerance test ( 5th). This was confirmed again in a recently published randomized control study in healthy people of normal weight ( 6 ). Dr. med. Stefan Kabisch, doctor and researcher at the German Institute for Nutritional Research in Potsdam, is skeptical: “The new study is certainly an important aspect, but not yet proof.” For Rother, however, the matter is clear: “The connection between sucralose and insulin resistance is practically proven. ”She is of the opinion that this also applies to other sweeteners such as saccharin and acesulfame-K.

Edit: P.S.

Found something. And I do not like what I read.

https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/36/9/2530

In the conclusions they describe in how far their study is different from earlier such studies which came to opposing results. This study here was done with obese black Americans, while before most such studies were done with non-obese Caucasians. Both race and obesity status are relevant differences in the body's metabolism and physiology, not drmatic, but such differences are real (for exmaple there is medications that help white people, but would almost kill an African, Africans need for the same purpose a different drug, that has nothing to do with "latent racism", but just is reality). Still, something tells me that there nevertheless is something very relevant in this study that points beyond just obese black Americans.

Why is it that the good tasting things so often are unhealthy, and the healthy things so often are less tasty? Its mean. The devil must have made things so.

Last edited by Skybird; 04-23-21 at 05:46 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote