Old 04-19-21, 09:40 AM   #20
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Added this:

on Fats / Omega 3:
https://link.springer.com/article/10...08-019-00687-x

The author prof. von Shacky and his companion prof. Harris are amiognst the world'S leading researchers on Omega 3 and close topics. Von Schacky is cardiologist in Munich. The two formed the world'S biggets database on patient data and fatty acid profiles and founded their own company Omega,metrix, which offers the clnical standard for the so-called HS-Omega3-fatty acid analysis, they do some things different than other labs. I had my own fat acid analysis one month ago done in their lab. Theire method seems to have reference character in the US, and slowly finds acceptance by clincial practtioners in germany, too. But I cocldude that as an outsider only.

The paper has to be trnaslated if you are not capable to read it in German. It covers some of the very basic thigns about von Schacky's findings,. illustrating why you cannot just recomend a dose of daily intake for Omega 3 fatty acid accordng to age and wight, the range of doifefrence in efficiency at which individuals digest and resorp it, is incredidbly high: 13x21x10 factors. Here is the reason why many recent studies seem to conclude that Omega 3 is overestimated and doe snot do that much of goods for you as was hyoped in the3 years before - these studies all base on wrong assunptions and ignore some very essential needed truths about it. If oyu do not pay attention to them, the traditonal reocmemndaitosn necessarily mjust fail and lead to a recomemndation "to not waste your money". Which simply is lackign knoweldge, and nonsense.

I am very happy to have managed to get my own fatty acid profile into the best shape possible, better the values practically cannot get.

Quote:
Abstract

Background

Confusion reigns about omega‑3 fatty acids and their effects. Scientific investigations did not appear to clarify the issue. Guidelines and regulatory authorities contradict each other.

Objective

This article provides clarity by considering not intake but levels of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) in erythrocytes as a percentage of all fatty acids measured (omega‑3 index).

Current data

The largest database of all methods of fatty acid analyses has been generated with the standardized HS-Omega‑3 Index® (Omegametrix, Martinsried, Deutschland). The omega‑3 index assesses the in EPA+DHA status of a person, has a minimum of 2%, a maximum of 20%, and is optimal between 8% and 11%. In many western countries but not in Japan or South Korea, mean levels are suboptimal. Suboptimal levels correlate with increased total mortality, sudden cardiac death, fatal and non-fatal myocardial infarction, other cardiovascular diseases, cognitive impairment, major depression, premature birth and other health issues. Interventional studies on surrogate and intermediary parameters demonstrated many positive effects, correlating with the omega‑3 index when measured. Due to issues in methodology that became apparent from the perspective of the omega‑3 index many, even large interventional trials with clinical endpoints were not positive, which is reflected in pertinent meta-analyses. In contrast, interventional trials without issues in methodology the clinical endpoints mentioned were reduced.

Conclusion

All humans have levels of EPA+DHA that if methodologically correctly assessed in erythrocytes, are optimal between 8% and 11%. Deficits can cause serious health issues that can be prevented by optimal levels.